Effective immediately, The Neighbors’ Place is suspending normal distribution practices and will not allow visitors into our building. Friday food distribution has also been cancelled indefinitely.
Food Pantry Hours are now as follows:
Monday: 10:30am - 1:30pm
Tuesday: 10:30am - 1:30pm
Wednesday: 1:30pm - 4:30pm
Thursday: 10:30am - 1:30pm
However, we remain committed to serving our most vulnerable population by providing much needed groceries and hygiene items in this time of need. We are striving to slow the spread of Coronavirus, and are implementing a new system to facilitate our food distribution efforts. Simply follow the guidelines listed below and we will continue to serve you as fast as we can.
2) We will have 2 vehicles pull into the “loading area” in front of our lower sliding glass door.
3) When a vehicle leaves, the next vehicle on Scott St. will pull into the vacated loading stall.
4) Please stay in your vehicle throughout your visit. We will ask for some basic information when you pull up.
5) We will bring the groceries to a table near your vehicle and you will load your vehicle yourself.
6) You will still be limited to 2 visits per month, so please be respectful and abide by that rule.
Thank you in advance for your understanding while we work through this very difficult time. In addition, we are only accepting food donations until further notice. However, we strongly encourage and recommend monetary donations so we can purchase the items we need most.
Please check back daily as we will update our plan of action as necessary.
Due to the continued increase in Covid-19 cases in Marathon County, The Neighbors' Place asks that visitors to our food pantry:
- wear a mask when interacting with our volunteers & staff
- only have one person exit your vehicle to load groceries
- send a proxy to pick up on your behalf if you have been
exposed to Covid-19 or are not feeling well
Thank you for helping us keep our community safe! If you have questions about pick-up options, give us a call at 715-845-1966. We're here to help!
Nothing going on today.
Clients may visit the food pantry twice every month
Thank you for embracing our mission to be "People Helping People."
We are here to work collaboratively, listen respectfully and care actively - treating everyone who comes through our doors with dignity.
In 2018, there were almost 500 requests each week in our Food Pantry not including our work with other non-profits, faith based groups, schools and other pantries..
Our volunteers logged 25,000 hours in 2018!
We hosted over 200 educational events, in 2018.
In 2018, Wheels Again provided about 100 bicycles.
In 2018 Gift of Sight provided 75 pairs of glasses.
In 2018, over 200 families were assisted in getting household items.
More than 1,000 pounds of fresh produce was distributed to local families in need from TNP Gardens.
Over 300 children from low-income families were matched with sponsoring groups, ensuring they had presents to open on Christmas.